Sunday, December 12, 2010

Momma's Birthday



Last weekend I had left over batter from the Princess cake that I used to make a 6-inch round which I froze to use this week for the perfect size birthday cake for my mother. I found a recipe for White Chocolate Frosting (which I halved) and used the rest of the leftover Marshmallow fondant as well. This cake I covered in white fondant and used light pink fondant for the ribbon to make it look like a present!

My beautiful momma, she loved her cake!


White Chocolate Frosting
Source: Allrecipes.com
  • 6 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate, chopped
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

    1. In a medium bowl, combine 6 ounces white chocolate, 2 1/2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick. Cool completely.
    2. In large bowl, cream 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add cooled white chocolate mixture. Beat at high speed until it is the consistency of whipped cream. Spread between layers, on top and sides of cake.

    2 comments:

    1. I am totally impressed with your cake making and decorating skills, Brenda! Did you take any classes or just jump in on your own?

      ReplyDelete
    2. No classes yet, I would like to eventually take a couple to improve my technique and learn how to do things correctly :) I'm just learning as I go right now!

      ReplyDelete