Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Safari Birthday

A few weeks ago I made Drake a smash cake for his One Year pictures, here. This past weekend was his 1st birthday party in which he had a Safari Themed party. This being my first jungle/safari theme I had no idea what to do or where to begin. Luckily Drake's mother included this link to all the party supplies she was going to use which gave me my inspiration. I wanted to make all the safari animals....

The beginning of my animals

Starting to come together

They actually look like animals!

And it all comes together :) 

A 2 layer 10-inch marble cake with chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream

I love how it turned out! The safari animals turned out better than I pictured.
We have lions, tigers, zebras, giraffes, elephants, and monkeys!

The smash cake

Birthday cupcakes for all of little Drake's friends...I'd say my handwriting is starting to improve (at least on the cupcakes!)

Happy 1st Birthday Drake!
Hope you had a wonderful party and enjoyed your cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment