Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dr. Seuss Cake


Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!  

Funny, it's actually a coincidence I'm posting this on Dr. Seuss's birthday but it's pretty fitting!!
I made this cake a few weeks ago when asked if I could make a cake for the dance team at one of the local high schools for their school cake auction. If you remember I made this cake last year for the same cake auction for the baseball team.


The dance team's theme was Children's Books. Each girl donated their favorite children's book to make a basket for the auction and wanted a cake to go along with the theme. They gave the freedom to choose the design and books to create. I wanted to do something well-known but not too difficult for the cover page. I decided on Dr. Seuss, who doesn't love him?!?!


What do you think?

2 comments: