Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Under the Sea

"The seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's lake
You dream about going up there
But that is a big mistake
Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things surround you
What more is you lookin' for?

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea"

I just love "The Little Mermaid". When I think of an Under the Sea party this song pops in my head and plays over and over.

I had the pleasure of making little Miss Gracyn's birthday cake again this year. Her favorite Disney princess is Ariel! So for her birthday this year she had an Under the Sea birthday party theme and her mother requested the most perfect cake for her...


An aqua blue ombre ruffle cake!

It was my first time making BOTH fondant ruffles and using the ombre effect. I watched a couple tutorials on YouTube for tips then tried it out on my own. I love how it turned out.

 Up close ruffles, my favorite picture :)

The cake is made from a 4-inch round top tier and a 6-inch round bottom tier. Both tiers are chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream covered in marshmallow fondant. In order to get the ruffles to stick up and not break, I mixed equal parts fondant with pre-made white gumpaste purchased from my local craft store.


Better Than Sex Cupcakes

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting and Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream.

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

I love looking at this cake!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing job!!! Great presentation and phenomenal taste! Best in the business!

    xoxo
    The Rodgers

    ReplyDelete