Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cake Auction

Last week Davenport West High School's boosters had a cake auction fundraiser event during the West/Assumption basketball game. Each sports team was asked to participate by donating a cake and a gift basket to be raffled off during the game. As a baseball coaches wife and baker, Head Coach Jones asked me if I would like to donate a baseball themed cake and get my name out there. Of course I'm not going to say no to a fundraiser...or free advertising ;)

For the cake I made a baseball base with the the teams signature "DW"on all their apparel. It's a vanilla cake, with a keylime filling and vanilla buttercream covered in marshmallow fondant.


Unfortunately I still don't know how my cake did but I do know the auction raised nearly $3,000!!!! Now that's pretty amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment