Friday, September 23, 2011

Thomas the Train

Last week when I brought my latest cake creation from the cake decorating class to work my coworkers were all very impressed. One of them, Mary, had a vacation planned for this week  to drive down to visit her daughter's family in St. Louis and thought it would be a fabulous idea to bring a cake with them. So Mary got to thinking what kind of cake, what flavors to pick and what to put on it. Then she thought of her grandson.....he just LOVES Thomas the Train so she requested Thomas.


This is a chocolate chocolate chip cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and I even sprinkled chocolate chips between the layers.


I got a call at work today from Mary who is currently down in St. Louis, or I should say her grandson. When I answered he was on the phone telling me "Thank you"....he's 2 years old and it was the cutest thing!!! Mary said as soon as she opened the box for him to see the cake he yelled out "It's Thomas!" She took a video of it to saw me when she gets back and on the video he also say "Thank you Brenda", I love it! Now that makes me feel awesome and is a major reason I love doing this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment