Friday, September 9, 2011

Mickey Mouse

M-I-C-K-E-Y--M-O-U-S-E

Tonight I made my first word of mouth cake! One of my good friends referred one of her friends/co-workers to me as she wanted a Mickey Mouse cake for her son's 3rd birthday but all places she went to such as HyVee would only make her a Mickey and friends cake. Michael's and Hobby Lobby do sell a Mickey cake pan but I figured I would be able to figure it out on my own and save the money....I think I got it ;)

This is one cake batter recipe for a white vanilla cake, I used two 9" cake pans and 2 ramekins. I made a double batch of vanilla buttercream which I kept a very small amount white for the eyes and tinted half black and half ivory. I used a red gel for the mouth. It came together in no time and was even easier than I thought it would be.


Happy 3rd Birthday Bodie! I hope you like your cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment