Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cake Class

Did I mention I finally enrolled in my first cake decorating class. 

I've always wanted to take one but just have never gotten around to it. Some people are surprised that I have never taken any classes yet but I know there's a lot I don't know and many things I can improve upon. Plus no matter how good, how much experience or how long you've been decorating it's always good to learn new techniques. I enrolled in a 4 week basic cake class to improve my piping skills.  

My first cake

3 comments:

  1. Love the cake. I took 3 classes at Michael's and I enjoyed it very much. I am not sure were you are taking the class but if you end up taking one that goes over using fondant you will be amazed at how easy it is to make roses. Royal icing is nice but once you learn fondant you won't make a rose out of butter cream or royal icing again.

    Good luck and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do this too, you will be great! Unfortunately, I should've taken advantage when I lived by a Michaels. NOW, there's isn't one close enough to me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just taking the basic beginners class right now but will most likely take the other 2 they offer sometime as well. I'm learning awesome little hints so it's paying off so far :)

    ReplyDelete