Friday, November 26, 2010

My Mom's Secret

Yup that's right this recipe includes an entire box of Twinkies...your thinking this is totally lowfat right!?! ;)






I'm not exactly sure where my mom found this recipe for a year or two ago she brought this for a holiday gathering and my husband fell in love! My mom might not be the world's best cook but she can sure find some good desserts. So when talking with my husband about making a pie for Thanksgiving, he piped in and suggested I make this instead. He can actually eat half this pan in one sitting (sick huh?!) So as a compromise, I made both! I hope you try it!


Layered Pumpkin Dessert

  • 1 box Hostess Twinkies (10)
  • 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1 container (8oz) whipped topping, thawed, divided
  • 2 pkgs (3.4 oz ea) instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 can (15oz) pumpkin
  • 1-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup milk
Directions:
  1. Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream side up, in a single layer in a 9x13 pan. Using a mixer, blend together cream cheese, sugar and 1/2 of whipped topping until smooth. Spread evenly over Twinkies.

  2. Combine pudding, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and milk. Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture.

  3. Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pumpkin. Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.

  4. Refrigerate several hours until set.

1 comment: