Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Birthday

Yesterday was my 28th birthday and I figured since this is a food blog that I better write about the THREE CAKES I got!!! And I didn't even have to do any baking!
Sunday we went to brunch at Village Inn with my in-laws then they came over to our house for cake, ice cream and presents. This was a marble cake we had with pumpkin ice cream.


My husband surprised me with flowers and a Great American Cookie cake because "it's a Dexter tradition". He's not a huge fan of cake (wedding cake is a different story) so every year for as long as he can remember he gets a cookie cake for his birthday and now he is passing it on to me :)


My 3rd cake was made by my mother! It was a birthday/anniversary cake to share as my birthday is on my parents anniversary (best present ever). We went to dinner at Olive Garden and then over to my parents house for cake.

The inside of the cake. Look how talented my mom is! Who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment