Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Great American Recipe!

Who doesn't love getting a Cookie Cake from the Great American Cookie Company. Dave gets one every year for his birthday since he's not a huge fan of cake. I'm okay with that since they are so good!

I've always wondered how they get their cookie so soft and delicious, and evenly cooked. I've tried in the past to make them with just a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, as I'm sure many of you have as well, put it's just not the same! It doesn't turn out soft and chewy, and it's usually never evenly cooked (done in the middle but crispy around the edge). So I tied looking around for a similar recipe as we all know you can find them on the Internet now. I found a semi-homemade recipe, which just means less work ;)


Great American Cookie Company Big Cookie Recipe

Depending how big you want to make your cookie, all you need THREE ingredients!! Pre-made Chocolate Chip cookie dough, light corn syrup and canned frosting.

The formula: For every roll of cookie dough (16.5 ounce size), you add 1/4 cup of light corn syrup.

I made mine on Valentines Day for just Dave and I, so I just went for a small cookie in a 9x9 pan and only used one roll of cookie dough.

Mix cookie dough and corn syrup together with stand or hand mixer until smooth.

Pour into greased pan.

Pat it out to fit the pan with your hand. Wet your hand and this will be a breeze! Keep wetting your hand, don’t worry about getting water on top of the dough as it will evaporate in no time once you stick it in the oven!

Bake at 325 for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of cookie you are making. If a little cooks up onto the sides, I just trim it off with a pizza cutter. Mine baked up really puffy at first but went back down, hence the need for the pizza cutter to trim the edges.



Duncan Hines Classic Chocolate is right on the money for what the Great American Cookie Company uses. I added pink sugar crystal sprinkles on just the lettering for Valentines Day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment