Sunday, September 19, 2010

Truffle Tarts with Raspberries

I'm going to catch up on a few of my favorite recipes from this past year. For Valentine's Day this year I made an awesome dinner (bacon wrapped filets with grilled asparagus and potatoes). I of course had to made dessert but I didn't just stop there. I made the best breakfast I think I've ever made as well! So I of course have to share :) For dessert I found a recipe off Food Network.com from Tyler Florence called Truffle Tarts with Raspberries. Since raspberries are really expensive, $4.00 for 6oz, I substitute blackberries ($1.80 per 6 oz) and strawberries since I planned on using them for the crepes I wanted to make for Valentine's Day breakfast.
Truffle Tarts with Raspberries - makes 6
  • 1 1/2 cups fine chocolate wafer crumbs (from Oreo cookies or chocolate wafers)
  • 6 Tbsp melted butter
  • parchment paper
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 8-oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 6 fresh raspberries, plus extra for serving

Use a fork to mix together the chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter. Line a muffin tin with 6 squares of parchment or waxed paper, wide and long enough to overhang the sides, this is to remove the tarts and keep them from sticking to the pan. Spoon wafer mixture into the muffin tin and 1 1/2 inches up the sides. Place a raspberry (I put 2) in the center of each crust then fill with truffle mixture.

In a saucepan, bring the cream just to a simmer over low heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate in a bowl and let stand about 10 minutes to melt the chocolate. Add the vanilla and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool for about 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Then beat the chocolate at medium speed until it gets thick and light colored. Spoon into crusts and smooth the top. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with extra berries and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment