Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Princess Aurora

I love trying new things and being tested with my baking skills, especially since I'm still very new at this and have so much to still learn when it comes to cake decorating.

Last week I got a call for a Princess birthday cake in which my customer wanted to order as a sheet cake. The birthday girl really wanted Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty but they were having trouble finding anyone who could do a Disney princess so they would settle for any princess. I of course did not want to disappoint a little birthday girl so I looked for ideas on-line and found a new technique to try out called Frozen Buttercream Transfer.

I found this great YouTube video found here that gave a really good tutorial. Basically all you need is a printed out image such as a coloring page at the size you need, wax paper, a cookie sheet, tape, and prepared buttercream in all the colors you need. First outline the image then start filling in practically like a paint by number. I froze mine for 24 hours before transferring onto my prepared sheet cake, peel off the wax paper and the pipe a boarder about the image since it's a bit thick.

And this is what I got!

Birthday girl Brynn was so surprised she actually got Princess Aurora on her cake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment