Sunday, April 22, 2012

Peacock Wedding

It's official, my first wedding is now in the books!

Congratulations again to our good friends Sean and Annette!
Saturday April 14th they tied the knot.

I was a bit nervous and intimidated, not only by the fact it was my largest order to date and not only because it was a wedding (more pressure!), but because it was our friends' wedding! I wanted to make sure I did a good job and everything was perfect for the bride.


 Saturday morning I packed up the car and woke my husband up to help me deliver the goods. He even helped unload and set everything up.  

Annette wanted to keep it simple with white and chocolate cupcakes. I made half white vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream tinted peacock blue/green and half chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream.
They requested a small cake topper to cut into for the cake cutting. It was white vanilla round cake with vanilla buttercream covered in marshmallow fondant with hand painted peacock feathers, adorned with matching ribbon and charm.

This was my first time ever doing any hand painting!! Annette actually gave me the option to just use real peacock feathers or to leave it without. I was going to use the feathers but decided the week of the wedding to give painting a try....so I Googled ideas. It was pretty simple, use the colored gels from any craft/baking store in the color(s) of your choice with a bit of vodka (it dries faster than water and doesn't leave your fondant wet), along with a good paint brush or a few depending on how many colors you use.  So I went for! And I must say, I'm pretty pleased with they way it turned out ;)
 I even made the cupcake stand, which I will post directions on a how-to soon.

It was a lot of fun but a lot of work. I'm just glad the bride and groom were pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment