Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fastest Dinner Ever!

I was getting ready for work the other morning thinking what the heck am I going to make for dinner tonight! I have no idea what's in the pantry, haven't been to the grocery store yet and all the meat we have is frozen! 

I admit, even though I love to cook and bake.....I am in NO WAY organized. I rarely am prepared ahead of time for dinners, I kind of just wing it! I buy a lot of the staples and then make short runs to the store on the way home, or just find something else to make :) I'm horrible.

That's when I thought about throwing something into the crock pot so it would be ready by time I got home. Chicken tacos! This literally took me all of 5 minutes to throw together beforehand and 2 minutes to shred the chicken once I walked in the door and then it was ready to serve! 

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

1.5 lbs frozen chicken breasts
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 contained Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Santa Fe
1 pkg soft tortilla or hard shell tacos
Add ins - mushrooms, lettuce, salsa, avocado, cheese, sour cream, etc.

Add frozen chicken (yes FROZEN) to bottom of crock pot. Mix together crushed tomatoes, black beans and cook cream, then pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken shreds easily with a fork. Stir together to combine well and serve in soft or hard shell tacos and top with your favorites.


Now that's what I call a no fuss meal!

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you I did a variation of this the other night - you inspired me :) I did 3 frozen chicken breasts with a half can of black beans left over in my fridge with a can of rotel tomatoes and a brick of regular cream cheese that I had. I added some cumin but next time I'd like to try to cooking cream. I served mine over some whole grain rice though and it was just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful, I'm glad I can inspire someone!! The cooking cremes are really good, I want to try some of the other flavors they have.

    ReplyDelete