Monday, May 16, 2011

Creamy Chicken & Spinach Pasta

I usually try to plan out our meals but tonight I just kind of "winged it" and through together whatever I had on hand which consisted of pasta and spinach. I found a recipes that included the ingredients I wanted to use and then just added whatever else I wanted that I thought would taste good.


Ingredients:

3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 onion, chopped
garlic
lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
2 handfuls spinach
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
1 (16 oz) penne pasta
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese





Directions
1.Bring large pot of water to a boil, and stir in penne pasta.
2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat,  saute onions and garlic. Add chicken cubes and cook in broth; simmering until done, about 10 minutes. Stir in cubed cream cheese, spinach and lemon juice. Return to simmer, and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3.In a large bowl, mix together cooked, drained pasta, sauce and Parmesan. Let stand a few minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment